IBM 5000 color printing system
High-speed, high quality performance.
Quick Tech Summary
- Print speeds (up to) 209.9 feet/minute
- Maximum print width of 19.96″ (507 mm)
- Supports AFP, PostScript, or PDF Apps
- Innovative piezo-electric inkjet technology
The InfoPrint® 5000 was specifically designed for transactional printers, service bureaus, direct mailers and book printers. The built-in AFP color management architecture provides accurate, consistent, and device-independent color rendering. Get power and scalability with a cluster-based printer controller that can handle parallel AFP, or Adobe® PostScript RIPS. Using IBM’s POWER5 technology, and IBM blade technology, you can deliver high-speed printing to meet just about every customer need.
- Print speeds up to 209.9 feet/minute (64& metres/minute) or 916 full-color letter-size impressions / minute in 2-up tandem duplex mode (862 A4 impressions / minute) using a 20.4″ (520 mm) web with maximum print width of 19.96″ (507 mm).
- Innovative piezo-electric drop-on-demand inkjet technology
Water-based pigment inks designed to resist fading and smearing
Enhanced growth and customer satisfaction with relevant 1:1 marketing on the statement
- Reduces the use of pre-printed forms and inserts
- Accurate, consistent, and device-independent color-rendering, in addition to the error recovery, auditability, and security/control benefits of AFP.
- Compatible with InfoPrint ProcessDirector and InfoPrint Manager.